Question
Posted by: Hannelene | 2010-03-22

sudden heavy menstrual bleeding

Since I started menstruating, my cycle has always been confusing. I will have a normal cycle for 3-4 months in a row and then I will skip menstruation for the next 2-3 months. This has become normal to me and I did not worry anymore.
Last month all of a sudden I started with a brown discharge for 2-3 days, stopped for 2 days and started again - this time with excessive bleeding and severe ongoing pain. I had to change pads every hour. This went on for almost 10 days. I started again yesterday with more or less the same symtoms as last month. I am 39 years old and had 2 babies. Do I need to worry?

This could be a hormonal problem, but could also be a problem with the uterus or cervix. You should see your doctor.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-03-24

Posted by: Helpful friend. | 2010-03-23

My dear, you must go and see your gynae. These irregular incidents are not correct and I am sure most worrying let alone very inconvenient. At your stage of life all sorts of funny things are taking place. The Dr will be able to help. Don''t delay. Good luck.

Reply to Helpful friend.