Question

Sudden Hard Heart Beat

I''m a 22-year-old female. I have 2 problems.
1. Every now and then my heart beats really hard. I can feel it in my chest and brings me to halt every time it beats this hard. With this it feel like my breath is taken away a bit. It is hard to explain but it feels like A LOT of blood is suddenly pushed from my heart This happens at random times for the past month now, every day. Sometimes just 2 or 3 times and some days +- 50 times.

I went to my GP and explained, she put me on the EKG machine but my heart didn''t beat like that while I was on. She said I''m fine so I''m still in the dark about why my heart is beating like this.

2. Also I''m having shooting pains in my wrist through to my pinky. Also everyday and goes away and comes back. I do have to type and work with the mouse on the computer 8 hours a day.

I''ll go to another GP. Is there something I could recommend them to test? My mom had irregular heart beat when she was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and my dad had an angioplasty last year.

Thank You

Hallo Anon
Ask the doctor if they can do a holter ECG or refer you to a cardiologist who can do a holger ECG. This is a small ECG machine that you wear for 24 hours to pick up any irregularities you may get from time to time. They can also check your thyroid functions and iron levels. The pain in the wrist may be due to a nerve pinching or inflammation of the tendon of the hand muscles. See if taking an anti-inflammatory medication like Neurofen helps (if you are not allergic to it)

1
Posted by: cYBERDOC | 2011/03/10

Hallo Anon

Reply to cYBERDOC