Posted by: Sophia | 2009-08-15

Sudden dream pattern

I’ ve been married for four years and with my husband for nine. We' re just started trying for our first baby. Suddenly I’ m having regular dreams of having sex with other men (including one of his colleagues). I’ m not complaining about the dreams! They tend to be wonderful but I wake up feeling quite disillusioned with my life and end up being in a bad mood with my poor husband. Should this be something to be worried about?

Thx Sophia

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "worried about " ! Maybe there are a host of ideas about dreams, current and past, veing revived by the prospect of a pregnancy that has been deferred for some years. Maybe the conscious business of "trying" to fall pregnant is making you more aware of yourself as a sexual being, and thus potentially in juxtaposition with other men, than you may have thought of before, with this being reflected in your dreams ? But do try not to let these or other dreams and fantasies, which should give us pleasure as something to aim towards, lead you to feel disillusioned about the realities of life. And neither your husband nor anyone else would live up to the dream lovers. I'd suspect that in those dreams you yourself may be more deliviously desirable than you are even on a good day ! That's what makes them enjoyable dreams !