Question
Posted by: Sad | 2012/03/25

Such a sad loss.

Hi Cybershrink.

Today I''m feeling so sad. I lost an aunt, who I regard as my mother. She pratcically raised. Its so sad, she had breast cancer and it seems she died due to the side effects of the chemotherapy. I heard one of my other aunts saying that the doctor made her undergo two sessions of chemotherapy within probably less than two hours. I was shocked. Cause as a student who read that Many people who underwent chemotherapy suffers from severe side effects. And personally if I was a doctor I''d rather try one session and see how the patient reacts to the treatment. Two apparently when they ambulance came to fetch her, they got stuck and had to wait another 30min for another ambulance. The more I read stories like these, the more I just think how our government has failed us with all their BEE And BBBEEE whatever nonsense.
I''ve lost an angel. And I just don''t know how do I, or my family will get by.

Thanks for reading. I just needed someone to listen to my rantings. As my family seems to go on as if they knew her better.

Yes, indeed it is sad. Chemotherapy for cancer often does cause nasty side-effects, and maybe necessarily so, as it has to be something powerful and poisonous to the cancer, and usually can't do this without being unpleasant to the rest of the body. But it usually doesn't kill us. And I doubt that a doctor would give anyone more than the usual doses, or more often than usual, because that would be of no benefit at all.
Now, ambulance failure and similar failings at some of the incedibly badly run and managed state hospitals is indeed deplorable and dangerous.
I have long proposed a specific legal amendment to the consitution that requires that NO member of government or their family, from president down to city counsellor, can receive ANY private medical care ( if its not good enough for them, then its not good enough for us ), and similarly no private security services ( if the police can't keep them safe, then they're not keeping us safe ) ; no private education for their children, and so on.
Grief is hard work and takes time to work through. Our thoughts are with you

2

Posted by: Maria | 2012/03/25

(((HUGS))) I''m sorry for your loss.

Reply to Maria