Question
Posted by: Recovering | 2010/02/20

subutex

Hi. I was in rehab for heroin detox and Iam clean now. The doctor gave me subutex 8mg to prevent relapse. I only took one tablet last night but I dont like the effect it has on me. Can I just stop taking it after one tablet or must I reduce the dosage like prescribed even though I don''t want to take it. Will I withdraw after only one tablet or will I be fine? Thank you

Expert ImageArchive

This medication is used to treat narcotic (opioid) dependence. It works by preventing withdrawal symptoms, since it is actually a type of narcotic (opioid) itself. It should be used as part of a complete narcotic dependence treatment plan.

Drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, constipation, headache, nausea, or vomiting may occur. Our advice is: if any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist immediately. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

Should you require any further information you can email Ruby at ruby@harmonyclinic.co.za

1
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/02/20

Reply to Addictions expert forum