Question
Posted by: Zanele | 2009-06-24

Substance Abuse

How and where do I get my brother admitted in the Eastern Cape who has stopped abusing substances. He is very depressed, there anger problems?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Zanele

Substance abuse is often associated with other problems, such as depression and anger, as may be the case with your brother.

Please contact the Depression and Anxiety Disorders support group of South Africa for information and support on
0800 600 411 as well as the National Substance Abuse helpline (toll-free) 0800 1213 14.

Support from family and friends is very important in staying away from using substances.