Question
Posted by: Sweetie | 2011/09/16

Subject: RE: Re post 865 - Ex husband now on drugs - update

Hi, update to all who have given advice. My ex husband supposedly commited suicide, 3 days after I had seen him off at the rehab centre. I buried him last week. Took the kids for a session with the psychologist yesterday  daughter booked for more. Trying to sort out what I can with what he left behind.

Sorry to hear this, Sweetie. Don't accept his invitation to blame yourself or feel guilty about what HE decided to do. Remember that you did more than most people could or would have done, and tried heroically to help him to help himself. Sadly, he didn't do enough on his side to allow all that help to work.
If he died while in rehab, there would need to be an inquest and an investigation. Excellent idea to see a shrink with the kids, and maybe see him/her yourself within those sessions.

7

Posted by: ? | 2011/09/16

As his next of kin your children are entitled to know the reason for his passing. Why is there confusion over suicide, the clinic should investigate if only to clear them selves of liability.

Reply to ?

After your last post number 704 this is probably for the best. l wish you well.

Posted by: Regular | 2011/09/16

Supposidly commited suicide in rehab!
You cannot bury someone under these circumstances by law untill fully investigated, why are you not sure?

The only thing you have to sort out now is your kids - you do not even have to accept being be an executor ,you said he had nothing anyway.

Take care of yourself and the kids, leave his family to cope with the rest.

He was your ex husband you are free at last from his manipulaion.

Reply to Regular
Posted by: ally | 2011/09/16

sorry to hear that. my son 24 is also on drugs and went to rehab x2, but still cant kick the habbit. know what you went through.

Reply to ally
Posted by: Linus | 2011/09/16

So sorry to hear that Sweetie - may he rest in peace. At least your conscience is clear as you did everything you could to help him and you have been very brave. Try and take it easy now for a while...

Reply to Linus

My sincere condolences and God''s Blessing for the future - time will heal you all