Posted by: Ruth | 16/5/2011 | 2011-05-16

Subject: Message to Average Man &  Reader Replies

No thank you I do not want to date you. You by your own admission are so shallow. You strike me as the type of average man that will ditch a woman at the slightest hint of trouble. But expect her to be there for you no matter what. Please man. Wake up. And judging by your attitude to elderly folks that is how you would end of treating your own mom. How a man treats and speaks of his own parents is what he is made of.

But tell you what you can come over for supper to meet my mom, my current boyfriend and some of my snobbish friends. Post your details and I will send you an invite. Your parents are invited.

You also assumed I am not in a relationship. Yep that is right, just because I asked about my mother does not mean I am not seeing anyone.

And for being so intelligent, Gee I don''''t know, but I am certainly more intelligent than the average man that is for sure.

And I work my butt off for my R20 000pm. I earned it. I studied for it (part-time) and still do. I also worked 2 jobs for a long time.

I never committed to the one guy because he is a womaniser. He married the love of his life and is about to get divorced with 2 kids. Wonder why? Super guy but he can''''t keep his snake in his pants.

The other one decided to take a 2 year sabbatical (at my expense). Established too late from his ex wife that he has a habit of doing this. So I kicked him out.

Yep, since I am so snobbish I am probably the one you see with my friends who are a mixed bag of fat, thin, coloured, white, indian, well off, poor, but I have to admit most of them are intelligent and have great senses of humour. And snobbish me helps support a Zulu family know despite the insolvency and all!

You people are the snobs you never read the posting properly you only take snippets out of it. I have replied to so many postings and am always first kind...

This is my last post so bye for now, and all the best.

OK. Cool off. THis discussion thread is ended

Posted by: Regular | 2011-05-20

So if you are marrying this guy his is the only opinion that matters.
Why bother about what complete strangers think.I am impressed that he wants to marry you after you shared these posts together with him.You really do not come across as good wife material. As they say"  it was not your finest hour"  and you certainly did not make any friends here.
I think in future it may be best if you consult your wide range of friends when you have a problem and of course your loving fiance.

I am glad your mother is to have a granny flat - l think most people would prefer to be in a separate building from you.

Reply to Regular
Posted by: Ruth | 2011-05-19

I did ask him. Read the previous posts. Been friends for 5 years.He''s been waiting for me to get over my ex. He is the guy I showed the posts to (Ironic hey). He is the one that said man to man - average man is shallow and selfish. He and my mom get along great. And yes, I am going to marry him. I guess that is why my ex was so chronically jealous of him for no reason actually.
And before I knew that we would get together I mentioned he could afford to put my mom into an old age home, but actually he is going to build her a granny flat.
Try an average woman average man. I am tooo good for you.

Reply to Ruth
Posted by: Truth | 2011-05-16

Why if you are in a relationship are u asking us if living with your mother would put a suitor off. Would it not be easier and more honourable to just ask the man u r dating?
Surely the fact that you are casting your net around for other partners and questioning their potential attitude to your living arrangements shows u r not committed, in any way, to your current man!
Your posts do not portray you as the kind, intelligent person you claim to be!

I now consider this correspondence closed.

Reply to Truth
Posted by: Average Man | 2011-05-16

Ok I accept your kind invitation, just post your details and l will contact you.
I do not think that our relationship will fail just because you are not impressed with me at this point. After all the 2 previous men turned out to be loose and spongers and you were keen on them at the onset.But l am surprised that an intelligent woman could be taken in twice.
I look forward to meeting all your friends and relatives, l am unable to bring my parents as l sent them on a world cruise and they will not be back until after christmas.
Would you like me to bring a bottle? l could also bring a carton of milk for your mother to give to the dog which would give you one less thing to argue about as you are on such a tight budget.

Reply to Average Man