Question
Posted by: HMOM | 2010/06/02

Subject below

Doc,
Could you plesae put a subject in my post below or we cant open it. I dont know what happened there. Thanks

Dear HMOM
I can't insert a subject for you, so shall answer your question in this posting. From what you say, I think your daughter is getting a relatively varied diet, but I would start giving her more fruit and vegetables (also as snacks, e.g. baby tomatoes, naartjie or apple segments, etc) and if she is not allergic to cows milk, introduce her to yoghurt and cottage cheese so that you have other options to put on her mini sandwiches or muffins. The fruit and veg will boost her vitamin and mineral intake and also keep her energy intake moderate so that she does not gain too much weight and the dairy products will help provide calcium to build strong bones and teeth. Be careful not to give her too many high fat foods (the chips, biscuits, viennas).

1

Dear HMOM