Question
Posted by: rk | 2012/04/24

subclinical hypothyroidism

Hi doctor

What is your view on treating this condition with Eltroxin. I had no symptoms and quite honestly my view is if it aint broke don''t fix it. Would it do me any harm to stop the treatment and resume when symptoms appear? Is there any risk to me?

RK

It all depends on your blood results. If you are not experiencing any symptoms of hypothyroidism and you are not any side effects from Eltroxin, you should not stop taking it. I do however, suggest that you consult an endocrinologist for an examination and opinion.