Posted by: Red | 2009-07-29

Sub conccious

Hello CS

What role does a person' s sub-conscious actually play in life or the brain for that matter. I' ve been having the same dream for more than one year now and it' s starting to scare me. I' m not going to take it to heart too much and worry about it. Curious that' s all....

Many of todat's brain-oriented shrinks doubt whether there even ISa subconscious -- it was a theory devised by Freud, much of whose work even after all these years, has not been established by acceptable scientific proof. And it is not a cause of recurrent dreams. At most they may hint at some theme or issue that is troubling you, which would be best dealt with in CBT counselling, as psycho-analytic or Freudian therapy just doesn't work, and always has an excuse for not working. If the dream is really bothering you, see a psychologist, but one of the CBT / behavioural persuasion, and NOT an analyst, as heir methods tend to enlarge on such problems rather than relieve them