Question
Posted by: Kate | 2011/01/25

Stye

Hi Doc.

My bf has these styes on his eye.
He has been to the doctor who gave him some antibiotics after he was using some cream prescribed before which never helped.
Now I know I shouldnt mess with it but his eye was rather swollen and paining and he told me to try and pop it, which I did and a silicone like hard ball came out.
Is this a stye? He gets them all the time and there could be 3 at a time inside his eyelids, they never seem to go away.
He does not have oily skin, dandruff nothing of the sort so I''m wondering if this is styes.
He''s been to the doctor 4 times with the same problem and he is not on medical aid so its becoming abit of a hassle for him.
What should he do next and what can he get that would sort this out once and for all?

Hallo Kate
It sounds to me as if he gets repeating
"chalazions". If it gets infection in, it is called a stye. You can prevent it by cleaning the eyelids with a solution of Johnsons baby shampoo and water 2-3 times a day. It is actually almost like an "acne" of the eyelids.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/25

Hallo Kate
It sounds to me as if he gets repeating