Question
Posted by: ben | 2009/08/19

stydying

im 36 yrs old working with 8yrs experience,so i' ve just registerd with with a certain institution for part time,since being employed this is my first time to go through books since i left tertiary. My problem is when i study i sometimes get bored,or i dont realy grab what i was studying,i read 2 paragaph without really understood what im really doing or what i was reading about.i wake up at 11pm to study,sometimes at around 4am.Please help me,what can be the problem.or give me the tips on how to study.I have registered 1 module and im going to sit for exam in October,I' m staying with my child who is 14months old.But she is not giving me hard time,she is a good child.

Anyone who studies without any boredom ever, must have no imagination at all ! But that doesn't have to be a major probolem. You got out of the habit of studyibng, and can get back into the habit. Break the task into many smaller bites rather than trying to gulp down an enormous bunch of material at one sitting. Give yourself questions to seek answers for --- WHY is this important for what I am studying ? What is the writer trying to get across in this page ? Check also wih whatver institution you are studying with ; they should have some study advice and student counselling system available. Seek some information about the exam, and see how the stuff you are studying would help answer the sort of questions they will be asking then

3
Posted by: ben | 2009/08/19

im studying through College 2000,Thanx all for your input.God bless .

Reply to ben
Posted by: Maria | 2009/08/19

Are you studying through UNISA? They have a book you can buy on study techniques which might be helpful to you.

Waking up in the middle of the night to study seems to work for some people but I prefer to study early in the morning when I' m fresh, or in the evening once my daughter is in bed.

When you read something try to relate it to your experience or think how you would use this information.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009/08/19

What do you study that could be boring unless you already knows it or for what ever reason you find it borring although you might be tempted to rather play with your baby what ever the reason there must be a solution even if you have to go and talk to somebody that could help you.

Reply to Zexeon