Posted by: David | 2009-02-20

stupid mistake

did something really stupid 4 years ago .... i was addicted to cocain and by a way of supporting the habit i submitted fraudulent claims to my medical aid.

in doing this i obtained the funds to feed mines and others habits

My medical aid found out and suspended my membership. they did not lay any charges and i promised to pay it back which they agreed to.

i am now clean since and am doing well and was lucky enough to get onto another scheme. But my problem is i applied for an opportunity and got it .. the only thing is they on the same medical aid that i frauded. its not negotiable that i use my current one and i'  m not sure if i will be able to get onto the medical aid in the first place (discovery) ..also will they let my employers know about this stupid thing i did if i'  m refused?

How do i work my way around this?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It is suggested that you obtain your own medical aid from another medical aid fund and then inform your employer that you would like to stay on that fund. If in fact your incident was four years ago, then it would be very unfair for them to hold that against you.

Posted by: David | 2009-02-23

BTW i signed a non disclosure agreement with them as well as admitting to what i did and a promise to pay back everything which i have done as per agreement.

This was done on condition of not being prosecuted at the time.

Reply to David