Question
Posted by: Tired | 2012/07/23

Studying

Hello everyone.Please help,I am a full time mom and work full time.I find myself always tired.I am studying part time with Unisa.I have my accounting book here at work with me and my mind is just blank.It can''''t take anything in.Already worried about failing because. I can''''t concentrate for long and forget easiily.
I do eat healthy most time and excercise.But why.
Is there anything I can take so I can be able to do this.I have to do it.

Being a full time mom, OR working full-time, OR studying at Unisa, can all be significantl tiring to any normal person. COmbining all three, well, it'd be odder if you didn't feel tired.
Healthy diet and exercise is a wise program. Check through how you can vary your program to have more time to rest as well as to study can the children help with some chores ( you don't mention their ages ) ? And surely your husband should be helping with the children and household chores. Schedule periods of rest and make sure you're getting enough sleep. Pushing yourself beyond a certain point becomes counter-productive, and you're "studying" without absorbing anything.
See if there's a way to find other students doing the same course, to share some study time, to keep it more lively.
Be cautious about seeking a solution in "taking something". Apart from an occasional cup of coffee, nothing much helps. THe pills GPs usually give if one says you're anxiious make you more tired and impair memory, so that's no use.

8
Posted by: Queen | 2012/07/24

The age of the kids plays a major role when you are studying. The young ones will totally drain your energy reserves! I remember whenever I tried to study at home, my then 2yr old boy would knock on the door and ask for tea, milk, or a book to write on or even a cuddle. I always ended up waiting for him to fall asleep first before hitting the books! I''m planning to do my honours next year, and I''m hoping to cope better since they are a bit older now. Good luck with your studies!

Reply to Queen
Posted by: Tired | 2012/07/24

Thanks a lot guys.
My daughter is 2years old.Want my full attention.I havent even started with anything.I am panicking.But this weekend i am starting with classes and plan on sorting out my schedule.

Reply to Tired
Posted by: Maria | 2012/07/24

Tired, it took me 9 years to complete my BA but I got there in the end. The support of my husband helped a great deal.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Phil | 2012/07/24

Firstly congratulations for trying to better your life and that of your kids. I have been there  was hell on earth to put it mildly. Take good vitamin supplements  and try and get enough sleep. atleast 8 hours. I know this is hard  but try.
Alos  get old exam papers and practice them, it will help

Reply to Phil
Posted by: Al | 2012/07/24

You can take vitamine B complex. I use the golden products brand.

Reply to Al
Posted by: Anne | 2012/07/23

Tired I know exactly how you are feeling. Am currently also juggling everything including studying. WHy not visit the student support forum www dot uni - sa dot net. Choose a password and introduce yourself. Scroll down and you will find the modules you registered for. Very helpfull. Good Luck!

Take regular time for yourself.

Deep breathe and also try Bio Strath Elixer the liquid form is great and well absorbed. It most definitely helps for concentration and studying.

Reply to Anne
Posted by: Pamela | 2012/07/23

You can only be FULL TIME at one thing! Period. Sort out your personal priorities.
Being an educated person and being a mother is two entirely different things. If you have a job that is earning enough to keep you and your child/children comfortable then THAT is your main problem solved. Some very degreed people dont care for their children and vice versa. Think carefully before you totally breakdown.

Reply to Pamela