Posted by: Jenny | 2009-03-02

stuck in misery

i have been at my current co for 7 years this year. I have been looking for another job for 5 years now without sucess.

I have come pretty close but just didn' t cut it. What am i doing wrong i am not happy at all here i can' t even get one extra day leave but i feel like i am stuck in this place?

i apply for jobs on a daily basis with call backs i worked hard on my CV prepare for interviews get to final two then just lose out. is there any tips for me i am losing sleep and hair stressing about not moving...has anyone been in the same situation?. please please help

I am puzzled as to what on earth has happened to our usual large number of excellent readers who add their own useful comments on questions like these, which deserve help and support, but are hardly psychiatric !
I know some regulars have a lot o experience at job-seeking and on the other side of that fence. Where are you ?
Personally, I think it should be compulsory for companies to interview the leading unsuccessful candidates to explain pleasantly why they did NOT get the job, and how they could imp[rove on their applications or interview skills. Have there been any of those who mintervioewed you, who you fel you might be able to approach for advice ?

Posted by: fate | 2009-03-02

how old are you Jenny? 5 years is a long time to be trying to find a job.... have you thought about moving to another part of the country you live in and look for work there? or maybe another country?

Reply to fate
Posted by: jenny | 2009-03-02

I got positive feedback by 3 of the rejections saying that the interviewer thought of me as intelligent and stable worker maybe its just bad luck?

Reply to jenny