Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2011/02/01

Stuck

Hi there. I was diagonosed by a psychiatrist with bipolar over a year ago. Just at the moment i feel completely stuck. I saw my doctor a week ago and had my Cymgen increased. But i still feel that i have no interest in anything and couldnt really care less if i was here or not. I cancelled my appointment with my psychologist last week because i just couldnt face it. I feel so stuck, my work is suffering as is my health, as i just dont want to do anything. I dont know how to approach this situation anymore, feels as if things will never be ok, and i will be stuck feeling like this. I am so frustrated with myself i wish i could just lock myself away somewhere and then allow what will be to be.

This is more a vent then a question, and i apologise for that.

Not all antidepressants work well for everyone. Most work usefully in about 70% of those who take it, so one may need to try 2 or 3 to find the one that best suits your own unique cheistry. Cymgen seems to be a generic form of the over-popular Cymbalta.
And it generally takes 2 to 3 weeks for a new drug or a changed dose to show whether it will be useful.
If you are also seeing a psychologist, then IF that psychologist is working with you on CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) that could be really useful, and worth persisting with. And you really should see your prescibing psychiatrist to discuss exactly the issues you rise here, as he needs to hear them and take them into consideration. Maybe Cymbalta / CymGen isn;t the right drug for you - it helps some people and doesn't help others, and all good shrinks would be familiar with several alternatives.

1