Question
Posted by: Shasha | 2010-10-21

STUCK

Hi DOC I HAVE BEEEN ON A LOW CALORIE PORTION CONTROLEED DIET FOR 7 MONTHS NOW AND LOST 20 KG I OINED GYM IN JULY AND THERE I LOST 8 KGS, IT SEEEMS I HAVE HIT A PLATEU CAUSE MY WEIGHT THIS MONTH HAS NOT BUDGED I SEEM TO BE STUCK AT 91 KG, PLEASE ADVISE ON WHAT I COULD DO?

Hi Shasha

I think that once you hit a plateau the key is to focus on:
a) the diet, because what worked before is now not working any longer, and so something has to change. Usually, it's easiest to change the diet. So therefore, I'd look at the diet, and consider that sometimes, low calories diets are not the best option, becaue the body is clever and it adapts to the calories we give it. So in order to increase calories burned, you may need to actually increase calories taken in! This is something to speak to a dietician about.

b) Our exericse progress plateaus as well. Here, my advcie is always to focus on fitness, not weight. In other words, if you're not getting fitter, then there is a problem. But as long as you're getting fitter and stronger, and improving your exercise capacity, then you're OK, and the weight loss will come.

So maybe you need to look at your training and consider that you need to find a goal, maybe a 5km race, or a 10km even in a few months' time that you can train for. Or change things up - if you train 4 times a week, see if you can add a fifth. If you do 45 minutes, try to increase to 50. That kind of thing - change is important though, the body does adapt and plateau, and only by changing up will you crest the current plateau and keep going.

6
Posted by: Lindapuss | 2011-01-24

Linda you are a stupid -|- er

Reply to Lindapuss
Posted by: Shasha | 2010-10-26

Thanx u guys i appreciate the love

Reply to Shasha
Posted by: Leena | 2010-10-26

Hi Shasha.You are a superstar and by just reading your post i am so encouraged by your strong will power and perseverance
Please hang in the i am sure like C said making small changes to your diet can make a difference .all the best
.

Reply to Leena
Posted by: ex fat | 2010-10-25

FOR ALL WE KNOW, LINDI IS ALSO FAT. NOT ONLY IS SHE FAT BUT MISERABLE TOO, TRYING TO MAKE HERSELF FEEL BETTER BY HER STUPID COMMENTS.
GET A LIFE!!!!

Reply to ex fat
Posted by: C | 2010-10-25

Shasha, don''t give up hope now. You''ve come so far and you CAN go the rest of the way.
My suggestion is that you make some changes to your diet and exercise routine. My daughter lost 25 kgs over the past two years and also got stuck, but when she made some minor changes, she continued losing weight.
BTW Lindi may not be fat, but she is a horrible and miserable person.

Reply to C
Posted by: Lindi | 2010-10-23

Once a fat rat, always a fat rat. get a rope and hang yourself, there is not room for you in this planet, you are ugly. Fat people are ugly, PERIOD.

Reply to Lindi