Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-24

I dont know what to do... My boyfriend (whom I live with) regularly goes out without me, stays out until the early morning, ignores all my attemps to reach him... But then HE gets angry at me when he comes home and I' m upset or angry. He says I' m annoying and a nag and he wishes I were dead. We' ve been together for 6 years and before when he used to do this he was at least sorry that he was hurting me. Now my hurt irritates him. I don' t have any friends as I don' t go out anymore and my family are all in England so I have nowhere to go. I can' t afford my own rent and I don' t have money to fix my car (I walk to work and back as we live so close). I don' t know what to do.

Apart from living together, what makes tyou think he's your boyfriend ? Why would you choose to stay with someone who treats you in that way ? Exactly who does he think he is ? You are describing and abusive relationship. Isn't it posible to find someone, perhaps from work, interested in flat-sharing ? Sounds like he has recognized that you are vulnerable and that you haven't found other options, and is taking advantage of that. You desereve better than this

Posted by: Wise Owl | 2009-09-24

My girl, you have or you are in the process losing your self respect. Never forget that you are a very special person and no one, let alone some oaf of a man, has any right to treat you in this fashion. It may be difficult but not impossible to just up and away. Just do it and you will see that you will be able to manage just fine on your own. Someone like you will soon meet someone who deserves you. An abusive relationship like this will never change and you will just continue to be miserable. Go on now, get moving. Good luck

Reply to Wise Owl