Posted by: Anon | 2009-03-11

I left SA, family kids and all, as my brother promised me a job with a great salary. now six months down the line, He cant afford to have me work here anymore. I have uprooted my entire family, rented out my house in SA and brought all my stuff over with a container..
So next month I do not have a job, and I am stuck in this Godforsaken country.... I hate my brother for doing this to me..I dont know how to handle this situation. Jobs here are scarce

You don't mention which Godforsaken country you're writing from. Presumably your brother meant well in making the offer, but maybe was foolish in offering more than he could guarantee. Presumably the company is in trouble --- few people seem to have guessed how much of a mess the entire world's finances were going to plunge into, due to the wildly irresponsible behaviour of so many bankers. OF course it's easy to be wise in retrospect, but it maybe would have been better NOT top uproot the entire family, rent out the SA house, and bring all your stuff over, without a guaranteed, cast-iron, signed contract, and maybe not until some months had gone by to make sue he was in a position to keep his promises. What does he have to say for himself now ? Surely he must fel responsible for your plight, and should do all he can to help you out ?