Question
Posted by: Gizelle Swartz | 2012/02/20

Struggling to fall pregnant

Hi Doc!

I am a mother of a six year old son! When he turned 3, me and my husband planned for a new baby. So I decided to stop with birth control. I was on the 3 months injection (Depo Provera, I think). So in August 2010 I got my first period. The period was so strong that it lasted weeks, so I decided to use the pill, just to stop it. After I used the pill, it stopped and I got my period on time every month, which lasted 4 to 5 days. But in January 2011 it stopped and never returned. How can I get pregnant without a period and what is going on with my body?

I presume that you have checked that you are not pregnant.
I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist for further tests to see what the problem is.

3

Posted by: Nini | 2012/02/21

My apoloogies, I posted my response on the incorrest post.

The injection reeks havok on your cycle, but it should have started stabilising by now, so I think you need to see a gynea.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Nini | 2012/02/21

Sorry for butting in here, but you are going to wait very long for the doc to respond.

My advice would be to get a blood test done. Are your periods always regular? It could be hormones, or it could be pregnancy, which a blood test should pick up by now. If the test is still negative, you will probably need to see a doc if period still hasn''t arrived, as it could be hormonal.

Reply to Nini