Question
Posted by: Sath | 2008/06/13

Struggling slighlty with belly fat

Good day.

I'm 22. Played football since 5yrs. Gyming 5days/week and some sport on the weekend. 5.7 ft. 67kg's. I eat six - 7 meals a day, medium portions. I don't exclude certain prohibited food substances however while trying to lean, eg: Mayonaise, white bread, junk food, choc, etc. However I am gaining more 'boop' than any other muscle. If I don't take suppliments, I gain stomach, If I take, I only prostpone it. I no I'm not eating perfectly but surely I shouldn't be gaining if I'm doing +- 500 min's of solid workout inlcuding cadio sports a week? I do have a high mitabolism, I know I'm short, but is fat burners the only last resort left for me now??

Thanks.

Hi Sath

Sorry for the long delay - I didn't realise that I had missed your question the first time around.

I think your diet needs to be looked at, because it's not as though you are overweight, and so the fact that you are gaining weight in one section only suggests that your energy intake per day is higher than your energy use. therefore, it's important that you look at losing weight through a combination of diet and exercise. The exercise seems pretty good, though I don't know what you're doing in those sessions. And so it seems that diet is the problem or at least the balance between the two. Therefore, i'd say you need to see a dietician and just chat about the foods you're eating. A diet is not only sound because of the size of the portions and so on, it's also what you put in, and that might be the problem.