Posted by: Antoinette | 2010-09-29

Struggling in spinning

Good day.

I have been exercising regularly for the last 4 months, and have managed to loose 16 kgs. So, it''s going well. My aim is to run the two ocean''s next year. I have always been a pathetic climber, so in order to strengthen my legs, I have started spinning.
The problem I have is that I cannot seem to do spinning classes two days running. I can do the one class, but then half way through the next day''s class, my legs would just say no. Will this improve? Or am I being impatient again? :)

Hi Antoinette

I think you may just be underestimating how long it will take for you to fully adapt to the activity. It does take a while, even when you've been exercising regularly, because spinning is a new activity, new demand, and so give it some time. You will improve, I'm sure of it. I think what is probably happening is that you're pushing quite hard on that first day and then paying for it on the second. There's no need to panic, no need to force it - you might consider alternating days and then come back to consecutive days in the future.