Question
Posted by: hi | 2011/07/13

struggling

hi

i have been struggling to fall pregnant for over 5 year and now the doctor is telling me that i might have to go for an hysteractomy in a few years. how do i deal with this.adoption is no option

I'm wondering why you so sternly declare that adoption cannot be an option. If one is unable, for anatomical and pathological reasons, to conceive and bear a child, that's a fact one has to live with, however unpleasant. The question then is how would you most hapilly live with it. For some, it may be more suitable to accomodate to the idea of just not having children at all. And here skilled counselling can help a lot to assist one in adapting to this fact of one's life, and to find other sources of satisfaction. For many, adoption, though not always easy, is an option, and it should always be considered.

2
Posted by: E | 2011/07/13

The gynae told my daughter the same, and at age 35 she had her first child. Dont think about what ifs and should have''s - live in hope - the mind is a powerful thing, I was told at age 32 to give up work because of osteo arthritis and that I was going to end up in a wheel chair - well I am way over 50 and still going, and all because I did not give up and my mind stayed strong.

Namaste

Reply to E