Posted by: Mr.Ethan | 2008-11-03

Struggled to wake her

My friend told us that she sometimes (not too often) pass out , and she went to the doctors years ago and even for a catscan but they could not see any problem. This weekend she visit us and she fell asleep in the living room (we watched tv) and when we went to bed, i wanted to wake her up but i couldnt get her to wake up... i struggled for about 10minutes and used ice to cool down my hands in the hope it will be so cold she will wake up.. i carried her (she is 23 to her room) and asked her to please open her eyes..... after a long struggle and asking her many times open your eyes, OPEN YOUR EYES, she opened them WIDE...... they stayed open and she did not blink once... I then got her cellphone, and used my cell to ring her cellphone in the hope that her ringtone might SNAP her out of it and she might wake.... and it worked, she waked but was still very confused... and minutes after that she had a HUGE headache.. (I need to add, we did not drink at all, she dont smoke, and dont do drugs..) what can this be and how do one help her?
She is healthy , she' s not over weight , she is a rather small girl.

Dear Mr Ethan
this could have been an episode of low bloodsugar or a type of epilepsy - she needs to see her doctor so that they can organize some blood tests and an EEG test