Posted by: amit pawar | 2012-03-02

strong ars but negative after 3months

hello Doctor,
i have a load of questions but i will try to try and put them very brief.
to start with i am from India, i had a protected vaginal sex with a csw . 2wks later i started developing swollen lymph nodes around groin with mild grade fever. i got tested with a duo, a p24 antigen, pro viral dna and a naat pcr rna, all negative. again 2 days later a pro viral dna i.e 16days post exposure. i continued to have symptoms muscle aches swollen glands, a red rash over my shoulder. i sure though this is hiv and never got tested.out of fear. but 11 weeks later still with the symptoms present i got tested with a duo cmia surprisingly it came negative with a value of 0.3 cut off value being 1.0 12weeks later i did a elisa test also negative. 13 weeks later i did a duo again but this time index was 0.49 significantly increased. still have temperature on and off with fluctuating swollen glands with stinging pain all over.

now my questions is this a sign i am slowly sero converting. i been drinking a lot out of stress for the whole 3 months every day. is this the reason why i am slowly sero converting the last index was gettin close to the cut off. the symptoms have convince me its over. i have never had such symptoms in my life.

It is possible that you are sero converting if you contracted HIV. There are many other sexually transmitted diseases and I suggest that you consult your doctor for a full battery of blood tests. It is very likely that you have contracted a sexually transmitted disease that can be treated with oral antibiotics.

Posted by: twinkles | 2012-03-03

No stop stressing - stress is a killer, you are not seroconverting just relax

Reply to twinkles