Posted by: Feeling helpless | 2008-12-17

Stroke patient

Hi there,

My mom recently had a stroke. She can walk a little, but very unbalanced. Sometimes the leg wobbles a bit. She has lost a little of her vision and her hands shake. The result is that she is not able to perform her favorite hobbies, such as watching television, reading, crossword puzzels, building puzzels or working in the garden. She has stopped listening to CD'  s as her hearing even with a very expensive hearing aid, is not very good either.

What can she do to keep herself busy and have fun during the day?

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that your mother consults an occupational therapist for suitable activities. Contact your nearest hospital for details.