Question
Posted by: Mariska | 2012/01/13

Stroke or Wellbutrin?

With the help of my Doctor, i am weaning myself off Wellbutrin with the intervals being: 1/2 one day, 0 the next, etc. I have now started to have 1/2, then 0 for two days, then 1/2 again. Yesterday, I started to have blurred vision from my right eye, so bad that eventually everything was blurred. I then took my dog for a walk and it became worse. I thought that it was an oncoming Migraine, so I took two Tramacets. (I have prescription because I struggle with spasms in my neck). About 5min later, I tried to speak but nothing made sense that came out of my mouth. I felt as though I had lost my vocabulary. I tried to say hat, couldnt remember the word for the life of me and it came out as "  knop"  . I tried to say something about the Chicken we bought for dinner, and I could not remember the word Chicken in either afrikaans or english. I couldn''''t even get full sentences out. I panicked and my husband took me to the doctor immediately. On the way, I felt "  detached"  from my body, but while waiting for the doctor I started returning to normal, remembering the words and the blurriness went away.My doctor is unavailable as he is on leave so I saw his partner in practice, but according to him I had a panic attack. He took my blood pressure, checked my heart and listenened to my lungs but said that everything seems fine.

Is this due to the Wellbutrin, is it a Migraine or is it a mild stroke?

I understand your concern, but there's no way to usefully answer the question of what happened without the doctor who knows you doing a proper examination and assessment. Pity he's on leave, but I suppose even docs need leave now and again. A stroke, even a mild one, would usually, especially as you were seen by the doc relatively soon, leave at least some temporary physical signs he would find on examining you. What you describe doesn't sound like Migraine.
Maybe get reviewed by a Neurologist who can check with a detailed physuical examn, and maybe an EEG and other investigations. to be more sure

1