Question
Posted by: Mariska | 2012-01-13

Stroke?

With the help of my Doctor, i am weaning myself off Wellbutrin with the intervals being: 1/2 one day, 0 the next, etc. I have now started to have 1/2, then 0 for two days, then 1/2 again. Yesterday, I started to have blurred vision from my right eye, so bad that eventually everything was blurred. I then took my dog for a walk and it became worse. I thought that it was an oncoming Migraine, so I took two Tramacets. (I have prescription because I struggle with spasms in my neck). About 5min later, I tried to speak but nothing made sense that came out of my mouth. I felt as though I had lost my vocabulary. I tried to say hat, couldnt remember the word for the life of me and it came out as " knop" . I tried to say something about the Chicken we bought for dinner, and I could not remember the word Chicken in either afrikaans or english. I couldn''t even get full sentences out. I panicked and my husband took me to the doctor immediately. On the way, I felt " detached"  from my body, but while waiting for the doctor I started returning to normal, remembering the words and the blurriness went away.My doctor is unavailable as he is on leave so I saw his partner in practice, but according to him I had a panic attack. He took my blood pressure, checked my heart and listenened to my lungs but said that everything seems fine.

Is this due to the Wellbutrin, is it a Migraine or is it a mild stroke?

Mariska

I doubt that it is due to the weaning of Wellbutrin. A migraine or panic attack can definately be causes but I do suggest that you consult a neurologist for an examination and a possible CT scan to exclude a mild stroke.