Question
Posted by: CJT | 2008/07/24

Stripper Looking for normal work

Hi all,

I don' t know if this is the correct forum to post this on, My GF was a stripper for 5 years and has stopped approx 6 months ago to try and start a normal career, One problem is that because she danced for so long she has not developed any office type skills and has no experince in other areas. We are finding it really difficult for her to get work and the thought of going back to dancing has crossed her mind, This would be a shame as she has so much potential and is extreemly keen and outgoing.

Would any of you know a better way of heling her start a career, Do you know of any recruitmemt agencies that deal with people like this?

Any advise would be great.

Well, I don't think we yet have a forum entirely appropriate for this question.
Why not suggest that she volunteer to help in the office ( without salary, as she has no skills ) in a charity / NGO, or similar worthwhile work --- that way she can get experience she needs, and somthing that will look better on her CV. And also she should take some training courses, to het skills, experience, and again, something concrete to offer employers

5
Posted by: Michael | 2008/10/17

Unfortunately that is the life story of the typical stripper.
If they don' t find a man with money while they are applying their trade where do they end up 3 or 5 years from now?
Nowhere.

Reply to Michael
Posted by: Ness | 2008/07/25

Why not send her to do a nail course or beauty theropy course. That way she can start her own little business and due to the fact that most of her clients are women I doubt she will run into anyone her remembers her

Reply to Ness
Posted by: CJT | 2008/07/24

Thanks for the response,

Its really amazing how much harm dancing can do

Reply to CJT
Posted by: CJT | 2008/07/24

Yes she could do some training and I am looking to send her on a computer literacy course to begin with,

Any suggestions

Reply to CJT
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/24

Can she maybe do some training courses to build skills?

Reply to Maria