Question
Posted by: Nel | 2011/03/18

Stretching / clicking

Hi there, I''m not sure if this is a cyberdoc or fitness doc question....? I used to be a gymnas (about 20 yrs ago) and have not done much exercise since (I am now 34 yrs). I have stretched every single morning since then though as I feel a need to. I can still do the splits etc at my age and I attribute it to the daily stretching. However, I contantly that my muscles are tight and even at work I get up, find a private place and do some back and leg stretching. I also feel a slight necessity to click my back and neck into place. Why do I feel so tight if I dont do a lot of stretching and what about the clicking? Someone suggested I might want to see a chiropractor? What do you think? Many thanks for your time.

HI Nel

Difficult one. It could well be a disc issue with your back, compressing a nerve perhaps. Might be worth seeing a doctor about it, and have them refer, either to a physio or a chiropractor, depending on their assessment of it.

It sounds from your email that this is a relatively new problem, and so that does suggest something like a disc problem, maybe related to your training earlier, but only manifesting now. So I'd definitely see someone, as much as I hate to pass the buck!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/03/31

HI Nel

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc