Question
Posted by: deonepi | 2010-07-29

stress,work and sleep

HI THERE....
I WORK AS A SUBCONTRACTOR,AT A DESK JOB, FOR A COMPANY FOR 3 DAYS A WEEK...TUES,WED,THURS...AND THE REST OF THE WEEK I DO MY OWN WORK IN THE SAME FIELD...I ALREADY SUFFER FROM MODERATE HYPERTENSION AND ANXIETY,ANXIETY NOT TREATED,THE MEDS I''M ON ARE WORKING BUT SIDE EFFECTS ARE UNCOMFORTABLE,ESPECIALLY HAVING TO WAKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT,ROUND 4AM,EVERY NIGHT WITH WINDS AND STOMACH CRAPS...EXERCISE FOR ME IN THE MORNING DOES NOT WORK AS I ALWAYS FEEL DIZZY AND SOMEHOW FEEL TOO TIRED IN THE EVENING...PLEASE GIVE ME SOME " EYE OPENING"  ADVISE AS I''M AT WITS END...I NEED THE WORK (MONEY) BUT DO NOT WANT TO COMPROMISE MY HEALTH...THANKS

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Deonepi,

You seems to be suffering from many of the classic symptoms of burn-out. How long have these symptoms been presenting?

Please read below and call me so when can find immediate resolve before you end up in hospital in the very near future.

Warmest,
Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD
082.370.2080
justin@kennedy.co.za

p.s. You like to hear what we have done with Discovery Health regarding Job Performance published recently (Kennedy, J & Pretorius, M (2008)? & also may to know what we are doing with banks.

In this regard you may like to review the abstract from the bank research on Executive Resilience: Abstract published with Management Today:
In the peak of the recession last year the health insurance group - BankMed proactively decided to address the medical, psychological and business concerns directly by implementing the StressMedicine protocols developed by Dr Kennedy. After the national rollout of various protocols into various banks in 2009 it was possible to observe the impact how anxiety, fear and stress related pathology (e.g. hypertensin, insomnia, bruxism etc) had impacted directly on the business and health of the bankers of our country. It was agreed to focus these findings into a formal study with one bank’s executive population to observe how to maintain the benefits offered within the StressMedicine protocols and to learn how this impacted on improved cognitive function as observed in the UCT, human biology study at the Sports Science Inst. The bank study began in December 2009 and phase one completed in May 2010.

1
Posted by: Stress Reduction Expert | 2010-07-31

Dear Deonepi,

Warmest,
Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD
082.370.2080
justin@kennedy.co.za

Reply to Stress Reduction Expert