Posted by: stress | 2009-06-15

We are in a finance office with 4 assistants the three refused to do cashflow minutes as it is not in our job description and now the supervisor is asking me to do the minutes because she is going on an operation. Everybody else refused and she accepted it, me on the other hand feel like i am obligated to do it cos she (asked me a favour) and i dont want to do it.wl anything happen to me if i refuse?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It is suggested that you get together with your supervisor and all the other assistants and try and arrange to ensure that everyone does their fair share of work. It doesn't sound fair that they've all refused. If however you do refuse and the others have refused, they cannot single you out to have a disciplinary hearing.