Posted by: stress | 2009-06-15

Everybody else refused to do the minutes for the meeting cos its not in their job description and me being a people pleaser have been the last one to be askd to sit in as scribe, pls tell me how to handle this as my manager is going for an operation, should i, shouldnt i, she accepted everybody'  elses decision as a no now i feel obligatd to do it, pls help

It's not clear why you are stressing about this. Have you perhaps never done minutes before, so you fear you might make a mess of it ? Its a badly managed teram if everyone could pull the "not in my job description" excuse when asked to help out in an emergency. When the fire bell rings, I'll bet that running down the stairs and evacuating the building isn't in their job description, either, but they'd still do it. And if whoever did the minutes would get a bonus of 2 months salary, I don't think you;'d have heard a murmer about their job descriptions preventing them from doing it !
Relax. You're doing them a favour, and they ought not to criticize you however the minutes turn out. This is not the peace treaty between two major warring countries. Take it easy --- the agenda should make it clear what topics would be discussed, and you merely make a note of anything outstanding anyone says ( but this lot wouldn\t --- their job description doesn't require outstanding comments ) and record whatever decisions are reached, if they manage to reach any. I you're no sure, ask them : "What have we decided about item 4 on the agenda ?" and write it down.
I'm sure you'll do fine --- just don't accept to have to do the minutes every time after this, reminding them that it's not in your job description, etiher.

The problem is you do it once then you have to do it all the time, they take advantage of us.