Question
Posted by: Anon | 2011-06-14

Stressed out

HI

I am very stressed out at presant as my dad , who I am very close with is going for a op as they think he has cancer in the bladder.My anxiety levels are past the top of the scale. taking azor to help it.

I understand. A very good friend is currently going through similar anxieties ss her fiancee is undergoing major chest surgery. Remember that though it's very understandable that you feel anxious, its necessary for you to limit the degree to which you focus on your own anxieties, to be more available for him, as his anxieties will be even more direct and unpleasant. When you're feeling reasonably calm, arrange to speak with his doctors, with his permission, to be sure you understand the situation, the likely outcome of the surgery, and what support and assistance he will need, so you can be most useful for his sake.
Often the uncertainty is the very worst part of the anxiety, and the more the situation becomes clear, even if not entirely favourably, the easier it becomes to cope with it.

1