Question
Posted by: Reggy | 2010/02/08

Stressed

I am 7 weeks pregnant, I arrived in Cape Town on Thursday, on Friday I had a problem of trash and thick discharge on Saturday morning the discharge was brown, I called my gyno doc in Pretoria and he told me to see the gyno doc here in Cape Town as I was still going to stay a week, I went to a Private Hosp on Saturday and they just gave me something for the trash and refered me to the gyno doc, but I am unable to see the gyno doc here in CT, they all want R900 consultation fee even thou I do have the medical aid, at the moment I dont have that money. My problem is that the discharge in the morning is still coming out brown/maroon (not too much thou) and I am only going back to Pretoria next week Tuesday, is this situation not going to put my Pregnancy at risk? If I wait one more week until I see my doc in Pretoria. Secondly I will like to know what may be the course of this situation of this trash and brown discharge.

Thrush would not cause a brown discharge. This could be old blood from a bleed. I would suggest that you make a plan to have it checked out with a scan.

1