Question
Posted by: Zee | 2009/11/18

Stressed

I have just started a new job and the money is good however I did something stupid I bought a new car because I listened to my sly husband who promised to extend our house we need the space as we live in a small house he so irresponsible and I always fall for his lies. I regret buying the car I wish I could have rather got a loan to extend my house, can' t undo thiss but I am depressed by the fact that I drive a big car and live in a small house. I dont want to discuss this with him as he will say he will do it and it won' t get done. I feel its my fault that I believed him knowing that he agrees to things but he never does as he' s promised.

I am so depressed its not a joke I cant take another loan as I have kids that have to be fed and clothed but they need the space I want to study again next year but there isnt enough space in the house to put books or study, I wish I had thought this out before buying the car.

Sorry to hear about this, but I'm a certifiable financial idiot. I hope other readers can advise you properly on this. OK, at least never believe this sort of promise from him again. Have you thought of discussing this with the bank, to see if there is some way to relinquish the car and spare yourself further payments there ?

4
Posted by: a friend | 2009/11/19

No 1. Divorce No.2 derclare yourself bankrupt to the banks ect. it will take 5 years and you will be free to do whatever you want. No.3 use cash. If you work for a company, let your sister/brother have the money transferd into their account. Think.. Lady think that' snall

Reply to a friend
Posted by: Bee | 2009/11/18

Can you not sell the car back to the dealership, and pay in a small difference if you need to to avoide a long term huge debt.

Reply to Bee
Posted by: bee | 2009/11/18

I have a husband like that. Secret is, never follow their advice, dont even ask for it. They tend to be a bit immature and look at life through " best case"  scenario glasses instead of " reality"  glasses. Then things dont work out as they planned, they are out of options and it becomes your problem. Keep a tight reign on your finances, dont buy impulsively, dont believe all the make believe stuff they say. They are not bad men, just unrealistic types.

Reply to bee