Posted by: downy | 2009-01-13

I have been feeling down since i came back from holiday at my parents house. i am staying alone at my place and my boyfriend is 700km away from me.and i have been feeling very lonely. firstly i thought its because i was used to company at home, but then i came to work and there is a lot of people around me that i can talk to but then i feel more stressed even at work, but my job is definately not stressing me..and i am not sure if its my relationship coz its has put a lot of strain on me last year but i told myself that i am not going to stress about it this year. as i am not interested in it anymore. i am feeling lonely and depressed everyday since 2009. and i have no one that i can trust to talk to. what should i do. should i move away from Gauteng and start a new life all by myself, or is it going to be worse.

Its very understandable in these circumstances that you feel lonely. You'realone, after a pleasant period with good company. But presumably you were living alone before the holiday --- did you feel this bad befroe you went to visit home ? Don't rush to move away from Gauteng, as its highly unlikely to be Gauteng that is causing these feeling, so you'd take them with you, wherever else you went, and they'd be the first thing you'd unpack. See a good local counsellor and sort out these mixed up feelings, and make wiser decisions about your future, without rusing into decisions you might very well regret later