Question
Posted by: Pan | 2008/08/05

Stressed

Some history, i' ve been diagnosed with severe stress and anxiety and was put on a light dose of antidepressents course for 6 months about 2 years ago. It went much better, but the last 6 months has been hell. I' m under heavy stress at the office, which is normally not an issue for me, but we are also having finiancial issues. My biggest problem is that i don' t have anyone to talk to about my stress and problems. My wife doens' t care and normally just blames our finacial status on me, becuase it' s my job to controll her spending (ya right). I don' t have any friends because my wife alienated all of them. Sure someone will say just leave your wife because she' s not good for you. But that is also not the answer, because i can' t leave the kids behind because she is very unstabble and someone must protect them. Why don' t i go seek professional help, well because medical aid is depleted and no money. What can i do? I don' t feel like i function anymore. Just a zombie walking around.

NObody should EVER be placed on " a light dose of antidepressants". If someone isn't properly diagnosed as Depressed or suffering from another specific Anxiety Disorder shown to respond to ADs, then they shoulddn't take any such drug ; if they ARE properly diagnosed, then the only correct dose is the right dose. Lower than usual doses are useless, and a waste of money.
Anyhow, your response suggests that the ADs were useful to you. But from the sound of it, what you really need is some counselling, preferably Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) to work on identifying the causes and triggers for your stress, learning how to eliminate them and how to respond better of those than can't be avoided. Check with FAMSA< which I believe can provide counselling at a cost related to your financial situation