Question
Posted by: Brad | 2011-01-07

STRESS reply

Hello I live in Cape Town but this a problem for all in South Africa, its just everywhere and it must really stop now. What if it is the ambulance looking for that house if there is a emergency? OK, the fire men will see the smoke but not the ambulances, what must they do? This is a serious problem.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

You’re quite right, but I suspect getting action on this will be quite a process and will probably involve getting bylaws changed in each municipality. A good start would be contacting City of Cape Town (I'll email them too):
Telephone:0860 103 089
Fax: 0860 103 090
E-mail: contactus@capetown.gov.za
Also, bring the issue up at ratepayers' meetings, body corporates and similar forums. Another idea would be to ask emergency services like Metro to put pressure on city authorities regarding this.

1
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2011-01-07

Telephone:0860 103 089
Fax: 0860 103 090
E-mail: contactus@capetown.gov.za

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert