Question
Posted by: Carol | 2008/10/01

Stress overload

Hey Cs .. how you doing ???

My life continues to be a rollercoaster that I cant seem to stop.

I was doing fine and stabilised until my errant son and his GF came to live with us and I started working.

Son is back on drugs , and GF is back in joburg with her mom , and she is now happy and settling down , we maintain contact and are very close.

My job however ..... I had told this woman that im bipolar and that im nervous about going back to work after two years absence, but she insisted that I would be fine etc etc te..... I was fine , until she realised I wasnt the needy type , and that just because im biploar doesnt give her the right to treat me like an idiot....... I coped well under the job pressure , and I loved the daily routine of being back at work , however her attitude left much to be desired , her abuse of her children and 87 yr old grandmother proved too much for me .

I wonder why you get people who need to have people around them that they can bully ????? or that need people to need them so desperatly ????? , maybe if I was forever whining I needed money etc she would have been fine .. well as it happened she didnt like it one little bit when I didnt like being bullied , she swore at me on thursday and after screaming and ranting and raving at me I told her where to shove her job , after calming down she said see me monday ??????? hahhahahah ..... not a chance ....

So I have now reported her to our pathetic welfare services ,a nd am happily getting back to normal at home.

The one thing I noticed with me tho thats a huge problem is that when I make a mistake I come apart at the seams .. I cant seem to handle the fact that im human ..it irritated her and it bothers me ?????

Yup, indeedy, some people have a powerful urge to be needed, and have difficulty dealing normally with people who aren't dependent on them.
And yes, you do need to forgive yourself for being human --- try to be just an ordinary superwoman, no more than that