Question
Posted by: Samantha Johns | 2011-07-27

Stress leave

my brother whom i was very attached to died 8 weeks ago. 15 yrs prior i was in a horrific accident loosing my mum, gran and aunt. at first i lost sensation in my hands and didn''t even cry at the funeral. now weeks later i feel as though my world is crumbling. The same things run through my mind constantly. i haven''t been sleeping well and don''t function like i normally do. been to the doctor 3 times in 2 weeks and seeing a psychologist. been off work for 4 weeks thus far since his death. back at work and my area manger is coming down to see me i''m assuming because of my absenteeism and progress. i only started this job in November last year and i fear the repercussions my mental health is going to have and what this man is going to do. death and illness are unforeseen events -can i be penalised for this ?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Stress leave

If you need to take sick leave it is suggested that you get booked off by a doctor and then there is not much they can do against you.