Posted by: anon | 2009-01-28

Stress killing me slowly!

Im from Durban, Im going through a very stressful period like forever. Things at home are not so good, things at work not making it easier either and neither does my partner. I cant deal with all three problems at once. Yesterday I had a break down. I just popped because of work and this morning hasn' t gotten better with home or my fiance. He has always been very supporting but recently he just wants to snap &  when i just wanna get a little steam out he gets angry because i cry. I realized that i cant turn to him now emotionally because he doesn' t seem to understand me so i would like to know if i could get some medication for stress, like before it starts. When im stressed i suffer with cramps in my chest around my heart &  i want something to help prevent the stress getting to that level. I also need a number i could call for maybe sessions where i could talk &  let out my feelings and have professional understand me and give me the help that im looking for. I dont have any1 else that i can let out my feelings to except him but it seems like he gets irritated with me so i need outside help. I would really appreciate it because i want to book a session ASAP or i will burst. Around how much will a session cost a +- price ?

Thank You

Sounds like yout fiancee may be under personal presure, too ? Best see a personal counsellor, to work out better ways of handling the stress you are experiencing, and counselling would probably be better for you than medication. Call Lifeline, and they may be able to recommend counsellor sin your area, and can advise on possible costs.

Posted by: Natural Methods | 2009-01-30

Oh dear, that killer stress ! I don' t think people generally appreciate the terrible mental and physical adverse effects stress can have on a body. May I offer some advice that I have found works wonders and does not cost an arm and a leg. First of all find a Yoga school and join up. They will teach you some wonderful exercises and a method on HOW to relax and tackle stress. Its really quite remarkable what they can do. At the same time take " St John' s Wort"  tablets obtainable from any heath store (Dischem) Do that route before you embark on prescrption medication that has generally a lot of side effects. Good luck and let us know how you get on

Reply to Natural Methods