Question
Posted by: Jade | 2010-04-30

Stress-induced Asthma

I went to the doctor as i thought i was having mild panic attacks and he diagnosed me with stress induced asthma. He gave me a preventative asthma pump and mild, natural tranquilizers and told me to chill out.

I am very stressed as i am busy studying a really difficult degree and i guess i am just an anxious person. I have spent the whole day on the couch struggling to breathe and half suffocating and i dont know what to do anymore????? This asthma pump is not helping and nor is the biral.....

Jade

It is possible that you are experiencing panic attacks that can be treated more efficiently by using a NSRI (anti-depressant & treatment for moderate to severe panic disturbances). Ask your doctor about Cipralex. This can be used in conjunction with Ativan SL 1mg to alleviate your symptoms. Consultation with a psychiatrist will be beneficial to find the cause for your panic attacks.