Question
Posted by: Jade | 2010/04/30

Stress-induced Asthma

I went to the doctor as i thought i was having mild panic attacks and he diagnosed me with stress induced asthma. He gave me a preventative asthma pump and mild, natural tranquilizers and told me to chill out.

I am very stressed as i am busy studying a really difficult degree and i guess i am just an anxious person. I have spent the whole day on the couch struggling to breathe and half suffocating and i dont know what to do anymore????? This asthma pump is not helping and nor is the biral.....

I have tried to calm down and relax and concentrate on my breathing but i usually end up in tears because i feel like im suffocating.

This doesnt happen very often but when it does its really horrible and i dont know how to make it stop

Athma attacks ca arise out o the blue, or in relaton to exposure to some chemicals, or to stress, or to exercise, and so on.
I have no idea what "mild natural tranquollizers" are - that's a category of medication not recognized by medical science. Later you refer to Biral, well, the closest to such a substance, but not supported by good research as a treatment for significant anxiety disorder.
Depending on what meds are in your pump, they may or may not be adequaely controlling your asthma ; and some can indeed make one more anxious. It would be best, if this has all been done by a GP, to see a specialist physician specializing in asthma, and to consider also something like CBT to gain control over your anxiety, and through that, of your asthma

1