Question
Posted by: rp | 2010/05/17

stress fracture

hi there cyberdoc

i''m feeling very restless and frustrated: i may have a stess fracture (femur) or/and hip bursitis. Yes, i am a runner, female, in my 20s. I thought i''d rule out bursitis, because on palpation i dont feel pain around the bursa, BUT, if it was a stress fracture, surely i''d feel a really bad pain even on standing on my leg? i tried to jog this weekend,,,by lower back and hip killed me.Walking was really painful after my attempt. I am thinking of having an MRI done, but it''s so expensive and what if nothing significant comes up anyway (not that i want that)...but i feel hopeless. The fact that i cant run is friving me insane!

Hallo Rp
A stress fracture of the femur would not really give you lower back pain, so it sounds as if you may have a nerve pinching in the lower back with referred pain to the leg and hip ( disc herniation or sciatica) Stress fractures also usually give referred pain to the knee. Have you seen a experienced physiotherapist/sports medicine doctor for an examination?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/18

Hallo Rp