Posted by: jessie | 2009-04-07

stress at work please help

i am working at the co for 8 yrs when i was employed i was told my hrs of work was 8:30 to 5pm now with new management they requested a meeting with all staff saying that office hours are 8-5. i checked with my boss she said it changed even saying her hrs were ther same as mine but changed when the company' s name changed- we received new contracts but i checked and the new contract clearly states that everything from my original contract remains the same even referring to the old co name , but then they do not stipulate the hours this was a verbal agreement &  nothing was said about my hours until now ? some of the newer staff that started after me working hrs are 8-5 hrs. I am really stressed about this as i had no idea employers can change hrs when they felt like it ?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: stress at work, please help

Hours can be changed from time to time but these need to be consulted beforehand. It is suggested that you raise a specific grievance in this regard.