Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010/10/18

Stress and weight loss

I have been through an extremely traumatic week. In this week i have lost between 3-4kg''''s, but that''''s because i was not eating at all. I however have got my appetitie back a little, but stressing that my body is now going to store whatever i eat. I am over weight and can afford to lose another 20kg''''s. I go to gym, but have not had the strength this past week as i have not eaten.
I started smoking again becos of the stress and hope to kick it by this afternoon as i''''m hating it, and i can feel my breathing has gone backwards.
Do i just carry on the way i was before and hope like hell my body doesn''''t put it back again with more.

I need to be strong for my my family, but don''''t want to be scared to eat at the same time.

Dear Lee
Are you the same Reader who posted the previous question? I was just wondering because both posting have been submitted by Lee? The stress you have experienced during the past week which cause appetite loss will also produce masses of so-called adreno-cortico hormones (e.g. cortisol) which may cause rebound weight gain and water retention (which will make you weigh more even if you don't gain any additional weight). You need to get the stress under control as soon as possible and to stop smoking as this will only make you even more anxious and have a negative effect on health. Depending on the nature of the trauma you may need some counselling by a clinical psychologist to get you back on an even keel again. Once you have sorted out your emotions and de-stressed you can tackle your weight problem by eating a well balanced low-fat diet. This will ensure that you obtain all the nutrients you need to stay healthy and strong, but gradually help you lose weight esp if you combine it with exercise. Click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a balanced slimming diet. Try to do at least 30 min of exercise a day, because it also helps you to relax and promotes weightloss.
Holding thumbs

2
Posted by: Lee | 2010/10/19

Hi Diet Doc,

No I didn''t write the other post.

I have quit smoking today (again) and hope i never buy another box. We are seeing a Councillor, but she can''t fix anything for us. We are trying to get our emotions on hold, but it''s definitely not easy. the minute i get really stressed my stomach lets go and i''m vomiting. I have officially lost 3 kg''s. I''ve lost more in one week than i have at 2 months in the gym.

I''ve cut down on the take aways completely and now eating home cooked food as the convenience was so much easier.

Thank you i will try the eating plan

Reply to Lee

Dear Lee
Holding thumbs