Question
Posted by: Skinny Ho | 2013/01/29

Stress and the Immune System.

I tuned in to Metro FM, Chriselda Kananda''s show about 2 weeks ago. There was a lady doctor who maintained that stress levels do not affect the immune system in anyway (much to Chriselda''s surpise, though unspoken)

How true is this. Has anyone gone through a stressful period and still managed to maintain good counts? Anyone experienced the contrary?

2
Posted by: Yah! | 2013/02/01

strees doesnt affect my cd4 count as well, been in and out of hospital due to streess but when i go test cd4 will be 600-650, instead of going down it goes up, not sure how this thing work

Reply to Yah!
Posted by: Eight | 2013/01/30

SH, i wish i could give you a direct answer, my experience left me puzzled. there were two difficult stressful situations in my life where i stressed a lot, first my sister''s accidental death which was too much for me to handle and i though here comes a dip in my CD4 but when i went to check they were actually up. Second time was a breakup with my boyfriend and when i went to check the count had dropped by by 100. so yah im still puzzled.

Reply to Eight