Posted by: Nic | 2009-06-02

Stress and muscles

I am currently under constant stress. My program and diet work well to help me pick up weight before but now my weight is constant even dropping a bid. I know stress burns fat but could stress eat away muscles. What is the reason for twitching muscle fibers. Is it stress.

Stress doesn't really burn fat ( or I'd be thin enough to start a second career as a fashion model). We react to stress differently. Some people indulge in com fort foods and eating, others lose appetite. Muscle twitching is indeed often associated with stress. See a good GP or, even better, a shrink for a full assessment, and a discossion of treatment options based on that. CBT counselling works really well for stress and its effects

I have been married for over 15 years. My husband when we first got married flirted, but I have stopped it. We have two kids, a son and daughter. For the past year he has not been working. He however he is drinking and gambling. I do not know where he obtains the money as I am supprting the family financialy. He did however borrow money from my family without my knowledge. Discussions about him looking for employment usually ends up in arguments and tantrums which is witnessed by the kids. This upsets and unsettles them. With our last fight I informed him I want to end our marriage as it is not working out, which led to him breaking a few household stuff and storming out in front of the kids. My kids sometimes say it is more peaceful when their dad is not around. Although he is not working he sometimes help around the house, but mostly spend his time at leisure. has our marriage run its course as I am tired battling on my own?